Friday 6 December 2013

November Touring Summary

Wow the skiing sure has sucked so far this year!  So far I've been on 7 trips, and by my count I've had somewhere in the region of zero half decent turns.  Here is the summary of my season so far.  God I hope it snows soon!

Nov 4th Brandywine Meadows
Daily Vert: 600m
Total Vert so far: 600m

This trip is written up in full below.  A nice sunny day but crappy wind blown pow and pitiful coverage.

Nov 7th Red Heather
Daily Vert: 800m
Total Vert so far: 1400m

Skinned for an hour and a half in the pissing rain to ski some flat rained on slop.  Great trip.

Nov 21st Elfin Lakes
Daily Vert: 1400m
Total Vert so far: 2800m

This was a half decent day, some great views in a cool area, but we skinned past the better snow and better terrain on the front of Paul Ridge to go all the way to Columnar Peak.  This was way further and the skiing was way less good.  Should have stayed closer to home!  Got some nice shots thou.

 DPS representin'

Skinning near the cabin

Mt Atwell

Mt Mamquam

Skiing home. Time for a Howe Sound Brewery Burger


Nov 22nd and 23rd Flute Laps
Daily Vert: 500m + 700m
Total Vert so far: 4000m

Did a few laps in bounds and out to Flute with Lee and Sharon.  Probably the best turns I've had so far this season.  Lee got this nice shot of me on his phone.

Photo by Lee Lau

No comments:

Post a Comment